Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Book Review: Elantris by Brandon Sanderson


Author: Brandon Sanderson
Published: August 11th, 2011 
Publisher: Gollancz
Pages: 615
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis:

ELANTRIS WAS A PLACE OF GLORY

The capital of Arelon, the home to people transformed into magic-using demigods by the Shaod.

But then the magic failed, Elantris started to rot, and its inhabitants turned into powerless wrecks.

And in the new capital, Kae, close enough to Elantris for everyone to be reminded of what they have lost, a princess arrives. Sarene is to be married to unite Teod and Arelon against the religious imperialists of Fjordell. But she is told that Raoden, her husband to be, is dead.

Determined to carry on the fight for Teod and Arelon's freedom, Sarene clashes with the high priest Hrathen. If Hrathen can persuade the populace to convert, Fjordell will reign supreme.

But there are secrets in Elantris, the dead and the ruined may yet have a role to play in this new world. Magic lives.

Deskynowsky's Review:

I am enchanted by the beauty of Brandon Sanderson's world... so EPIC!

so I bought Elantris in hoping to get introduced to the magical world that Brandon Sanderson has created through his hypnotic writing style.. And I think Elantris is a great choice for me and anyone who wants to start reading his books... I could easily choose to read his famous series, the Mistborn series, but before I invest my money, my energy, and my time, I really wanted to know first if it will be worth that much.. and Elantris sold it for me.. even after couple of pages, I knew this book is a win!

Well, I can tell you, I have all other Brandon Sanderson books waiting in my basket.. just a click away... I am that much swooned over his awesomeness...

This book is a complete package, I don't know if my review will be legit enough to describe how amazing the story of Elantris.. I think this book can stay as a Standalone.. So no worries guys, it's really satisfying..

This book is about the extinct of magic, the lost glory of the Gods, the power of politics and money, the battle of faith, the blossoming romance, loyalty and justice, and the rising of hope.. I am so so so satisfied and happy after reading this book.. is like I have found Magic... this book and I believe, all other Brandon Sanderson's books must be really magical... the story was so engaging, well-plot and developed, the characters were believable and they were so amazing.. and the writing was so easy to digest yet pretty and sharp..

If you guys haven't read any Brandon Sanderson's book before like me, I really and highly recommend you guys to pick up this book, it is a great introduction of what we can expect and read more from him.. and although on Goodreads, it said that this book is part of a series, but I think it can be a Standalone.. so no worries guys... I love it, I think it's amazing, and I think you should read it too........ ok, to the next read

No comments:

Post a Comment