Friday, June 13, 2014

Book Review: Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson


Author: Morgan Matson
Published: May 6th, 2014 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster (hardback)
Pages: 449
Rating: 5/5

Deskynowsky's Review (Free Spoilers):

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK!

This is definitely my favorite summer read so far! A very very very perfect Summer-Read! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

This book somehow reminded me of Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (in a way). These two are totally different story, but I think similar in how I feel about the female lead characters.. Although, I have to admit I love Emily Hughes more, the main female in Since You've Been Gone.. and Gosh.. can I have a Frank Porter!??? WE NEED TO CLONE THIS GUY!!!

This was a story about Emily who had a bestfriend named Sloane and then Sloane kinda disappeared at the beginning of Summer. Emily was a girl, a pretty much socially awkward and unconfident about herself and Sloane was exactly the opposite of Emily. Their friendship worked so well, and Emily was pretty dependent on Sloane in terms of social-interactions with a general-similar-age-group-of-people. The disappearance of Sloane had such impacts on Emily's life. She was like a ship without a captain. Then suddenly she received a list from Sloane sent by mail, a list of things that Emily would not normally do. But she really wanted to find Sloane, so she was hoping by doing the things in the list would put her closer to find Sloane. And this was the start of very many intersting, loving, heartwarming, funny, romantic adventures....

This book is so perfect and I really love it.. I love the writing style, the development of characters (yes, all characters in this book developed, not just the main one), the plot, the scenes, the drama, the romance, the adventures, the comedy.... oh man.. it's awesome....

If you like contemporary books, I am 100% sure that you will enjoy this book! So GO READ IT!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment