Friday, January 4, 2013

Book Review: The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

Year Published: 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 307
Rating: didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)
Recommended music to listen while reading this book: Death Cab For Cutie - "Plans" Album.

One moment can change everything.Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him.  And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.



At first, I was not so sure that I want to read this book. I randomly picked this book up and bought it at a bookstore (couple of months ago xp). It was wrapped in plastic so I could not see the inside. I totally bought it just because I love the synopsis and the tag-line on the front cover that said:

"One moment can change everything."

So when I got home and opened the plastic, I just realized that this book was not a conventional contemporary story book. It was full of verses instead of usual paragraphs and chapters. It was like a poetry book.. and I am really not into poetry.. so I was kinda let this book just looking pretty on my bookshelf until last night..

Soooooo... last night (03.01.2013), I was reorganizing my bookshelf, and I saw this book.. and just decided to read the first page.. Guess what happen........ It enchanted me and I just could not stop reading it.... I was just mesmerized by the beautiful writing and verses... It told the story waaaay better than any chapters on usual YA contemporary books I usually read.. 

What I can say, this book was just heartwarming, beautiful, lyrical, real, and touching... My emotions at the moment are just swirling in joy and happiness.. This book delivered great messages about how we see life.. and in a way, it changed me a lil bit and I just felt better in a way (this one is hard to explain) ;)

I just could not describe how beautiful and touching were those verses.. It sang the story vividly and beautifully.. This was the first time, I used a lot of sticky notes on a book..

this happened

I just have so many favorite parts/verses in the book that I felt the need to mark all of them. This is definitely the book that I need to bring with every time I go traveling or waiting at anywhere.

I love the characters.. The characters were beautifully developed and how they were complimenting each other.. and I believed them.. I believed in their stories.. I believed in their problems..

The story was progressing fluidly like a flowing river.. It lured you till the end.. and for me, it surprised me.. I didn't try to guess or predict how the story would go and just let myself went with wherever the story took me.. Oh, and I just love with how everything turned out to be.. :)

If in 2012, I had Fault in Our Stars by John Green for giving me such a nice feeling to cuddle with at night.. In 2013, I so definitely have The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder..

I really recommend this book to read by everyone.. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment