Saturday, January 26, 2013

LATE What's New #6 (Book Haul) post: December 2012 (Birthday/Christmas/New Year) and January 2013!

Sorry for the late post.. so I put my December 2012 and January 2013 book hauls in one post..

I have mentioned on my previous post that lots of things happened in December. I have my birthday then we also have Christmas and New Year which mean many big sales happening at my favorite bookstores here in Jakarta. I got myself some pretty awesome books during the sales and I also tried for the first time this great website that sells second hand books for a good cause (check better world books  out)! I bought two books from that website and they had arrived safely! Also I got discount coupons from book depository, so I used it as well and got pretty decent prices for books that I want. Also, Periplus is one of our local bookstores that sells imported books here in Jakarta and they have this new service called Periplus Online which just basically you buy books online, but they had big sales in December 2012 so I ordered some awesome books with unbelievably great deals! and if you visited their stores back than in December 2012, they also had major sales going on. Not to mention at Books&Beyond, they have 20% discount for all-items. Kinokuniya is probably the only bookstore here in Jakarta that rarely gives any discounts and their books is very expensive compare to the other two (Periplus and Books&Beyond), but I got one discounted book (and it was the only one copy left) there. So I guess I was pretty lucky.

Okay, let's roll!


I got Beauty Queens and The Gargoyle at Better World Books, those are two of my very first time bought second hand books. I am happy with their conditions and the service of better world books.

Most of the books above were on sales or discounted except for Days of Blood and Starlight (T.T), I bought that coz it was just pretty and the only one left..


Bought Bloodline, The Golden Lily, an Abundance of Katherine, Paper Towns, and This is Not a Test at Periplus Online Bookshop. They were on sales at the time. 

The Art of Fielding was probably the only book I got on sale at Kinokuniya. And it was the only copy left, so had to buy it.

not so sure about Wither and the rest of the series. But it was on sale, so I decided to give it a try..

and for my birthday, I got:


and


So now I have two copies of The Passage by Justin Cronin. Someone knew very well how much I love to fangirl over Joseph Morgan. And he loves this book and talked about it on his Twitter. So I probably will do a giveaway on my other copy of The Passage or just give it to my friend - haven't decided it yet.

and Caster Chronicles boxset in hardbacks is just AMAZING! one of those unbelievably gorgeous book covers! Love it! I finished reading the first book, see my review about it (click here)!

Alright then, I guess those are all the books I got in the past two months (I have problem on controling my impulse of buying books). Now I just need to read them all! 

Books mentioned on pictures:
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- White Cat by Holly Black
- Red Glove by Holly Black
- Gravity by Melissa West
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Shiver Trilogy: Shiver, Linger, Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- The Shining by Stephen King
- The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
- Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover
- Book of Thief by Markus Zusak
- Wither by Lauren DeStefano
- The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
- This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- Paper Towns by John Green
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
- The Caster Chronicles Boxset: Beautiful Creatures, B. Darkness, B. Chaos, and B. Redemption) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- The Passage by Justin Cronin

No comments:

Post a Comment