Thursday, January 24, 2013

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles #1) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

buy the book:
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles #1) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Spoilers Free!

Publisher: Little Brown
Year Published: 2009
Pages: 563
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.

At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


I still can't get over the ending. This book was a roller-coaster journey. Full of twists and mind-boggling moments. Definitely my favorite!

First let me tell you about the cover. I am rarely talking about the cover, thou it's essential and one of those things that lure us to read a book, but it's never really a big of a deal for me. But all covers in the Caster Chronicles series are just amazing! They are GORGEOUS! Elegant, simple and enchanting! very delicious on the eyes! (haha, if that even a right english sentence). Oh well, as long as the message is clear, I LOVE the covers!

Alright, everything that makes a book very enjoyable to read, for me, you can get it from this book. The story is unique and original! Love the idea! I adore the idea! as for the story-flow, I found the first 100 pages of the book was a bit slow. But since then it was really picking up big time! My favorite would be the last 200ish pages towards the end.. Everything went crazy! SO GOOD!

Characters! very unique perspective! This is one of many books out-there that written from male-POV. But I like the fact that Ethan is just a mortal with no (actual supernatural/paranormal) power, just a plain good teenage boy. If it's a typical YA book, the person-POV of the book got to be someone with the power or the designated hero (Thou Ethan is kinda a hero in a way too). If this book was told from Lena POV, I don't think it would be as exciting as it is. I Love Ethan Wate, the lead male character of the book. He is just ordinary and smart, love that he stands to what he believes. I also love Macon Ravenwood, Lena's uncle and Link, Ethan's bestfriend. Lena is okay for me. Other characters, the Gatlin folks and all caster-clan (whether they're light or dark) members are really intriguing and interesting. Those characters annoyed me, intrigued me, and made me laugh. Love how the author wrote and developed their characters and all of their aspects..

Other thing that made me so excited to read the book is because this book is made into a movie! It will hit the theatre in February 2013. I believe it will be in the first week of Feb.. oh well, just check out the awesome movie trailer! Yes, are you excited?????! I know I am xp


Trailer #1


Trailer #2

No comments:

Post a Comment