Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Multiple Books Review: 10. Divine by Mistake (Partholon #1) by P.C. Cast


10. Divine by Mistake (Partholon #1)

Author: P.C. Cast
Published: January 15th 2010
Publisher: Mira
Pages: 571 pages
Rating: 4.25 of 5 Stars

Synopsis:

The most excitement teacher Shannon Parker expected on her summer vacation was a little shopping. But then her latest purchase--a vase with the Celtic goddess Epona on it--somehow switches her into the world of Partholon, where she's treated like a goddess. A very temperamental goddess…
It seems that Shannon has stepped into another's role as the Goddess Incarnate of Epona. And while it has some very appealing moments--what woman doesn't like a little pampering now and then?--it also comes with a ritual marriage to a centaur and the threat of war against the evil Fomorians. Oh, and everyone disliking her because they think she's her double.
Somehow Shannon needs to figure out how to get back to Oklahoma without being killed, married to a horse or losing her mind….
Deskynowsky's Review:

Despite of how thick this book is (571 pages), it is a really fast-paced story.

I really enjoyed and like this book a lot!

Things that are really standing out for me are the story line. I think it has a very great story plot, world-building, and setting. And the writing is flowing easily and successfully made me not wanting to put it down. And I don't know how much reliable the myth about Celtic God(or Goddess), but I found it is really a great story to take on. Makes me want to know a bit more about the myth.

Characters, this book evolves around human and centaurs (so far..) and evil-looking-mythical-vampiric-creature called Fomorian (very sick and bad bad bad creatures), which I think a really nice touch. I like the female main character, Shannon Parker, I think she is hilarious, loyal, funny, witty, and sarcastic, then there is ClanFintan, a leader-high-shaman centaur clan (I can not help myself but imagine him to look like Khal Drogo centaur version).. and surprisingly I really love almost all other characters in this book with an exception of The Queen Bitch Rhiannon (which I believe I will see more of her in the second book and Nuada, the leader of The sick Fomorians).

Okay, that'd be all I think, I just can say that I really like and enjoy this book. If you are looking for a fast-paced story in adult fantasy with awesome story line and great world building, I think this book is your answer ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment