Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Multiple Books Reviews: 1. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


Oh Wow, I think I have to say that July has been a great reading month for me. I read 10 books in total.. I am so excited..

Since it's been quite some time I haven't posted any book reviews, guess this is the time to catch up the absence don't U think? :)

1. The 5th Wave

Author: Rick Yancey
Published: May 7th 2013
Publisher: Penguin Books
Pages: 457 pages
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars

Synopsis:


The Passage meets The Hunger Games in a gripping new series from Carnegie-shortlisted Rick Yancey. After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one. Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave. On a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, until Cassie meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan may be her only hope for rescuing her brother and even saving herself. Now she must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up. Cassie Sullivan gets up.

Deskynowsky's Review:

Everyone has been raving about this book... So am I.. I was sooooo curious, because I really like a good YA SciFi with post-apocalyptic setting..

This book is definitely one of my fave books of year 2013! I am really impressed and satisfied with this amazing YA book!

Somehow the story of this book (for me) kinda reminded me of The Passage by Justin Cronin and The Host by Stephanie Meyer (and fyi, I love those two books). The idea of this book is in the line with the idea of The Host, and the post-apocalyptic world setting of the story is very much as creepy as The Passage.

I like all characters in this book, very well characterized and built with a devastating background-story which shaped their development through out the story. And as for the story line, this one is the most main factor that made me enjoyed and love reading this book. Like I have mentioned earlier, this book is for me like the combination of The Host and The Passage, but less complexed and complicated than the Passage, and more action than The Host. So, how could I not like this book?! xp

So I think, most people who like The Host (and/or The Passage) will like (and favorite) this book. So read it! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment