Monday, September 3, 2012

Hide and Seek by Sara Shepard (The Lying Game #4)

Publisher: Harper Teen
Year Published: 2012
Pages: 228
Rating: didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing
My friends and I used to play lying games.

Now my twin sister is living one.

When I was alive, my family seemed picture-perfect. My adoptive parents adored me, and my little sister, Laurel, copied my every move. But now that my long-lost twin, Emma, has taken my place to solve my murder, we're both learning just how flawed my family really is.

Laurel is shooting Emma nasty looks and sneaking around with my ex-boyfriend. And it turns out my parents are keeping a huge secret--could it be the reason I'm dead?

How far would they go to keep the truth buried? No one can harm me now, but Emma is still fair game. And if she's not careful, she'll end up buried, too. . . .



This is the 4th book of The Lying Game series by Sara Shepard (yes, she's also the author of Pretty Little Liars series). The previous books had its own surprises, but it was quite predictable. We all know that probably there gonna be six books in total for TLG series, so it's just obvious that we will not know who is Sutton's killer until the very last book. HOWEVER, this 4th book was really surprising me :D

In this 4th book, we learned more about the facts of Emma and Sutton. In my own opinion, it was really mind-blowing (the facts would give you "WTH/WTF was just happening?!" moments, coz I knew I did). At the end of book, the only question formed in my head was "who would have thought?"

I really love how Sara takes her time in revealing the secret one by one. Now I understand why this book will not end that quickly or it will spoil the element of surprises. Although, I hope it will not stretch to be more than six books (see PLL? it's like more than 10 books already xp)

It is actually a very quick reading, only 288 pages. But I really like this series. It was such a page turner. If you are looking for a quick-reading with a bit of element of mystery/crime/teen drama, Sara Shepard's teen books (PLL or TLG series) will be perfect for you. I really can not wait for the 5th book ("Cross My Heart, Hope to Die") that will be published next year.

Until then..... Happy Reading! XD

No comments:

Post a Comment