Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver

Publisher: HarperCollins
Year Published: 2012
Pages: 375
Ratingdidn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.



From the very first page, I just felt how different it is than the first series (Delirium). It left me breathless. The intensity was so high. The story, the characters, how it has changed a lot than the first one.

I love it! I am still dazing and my brain can't think properly at the moment. Lena (the heroine) has transformed so much! Her characters has developed and hardened by the circumstances. From a very obedient girl in Delirium to this strong and brave young girl. She has been through a lot. The lost of her family, friend, and love. The unfairness of the regulators (dystopian setting) has caused deep-rooted hatred in her soul. And now she must live in the wilds, far away from home where everything is dangerous and uncertain.

Other things that left me dazed are the introduction of new characters and new groups of belligerent in the book (Lauren is just so awesome!). The way that Lauren Oliver told the story is also different, it is being told in the now and the then. The now and then chapter are complimenting each other. The then chapter is telling the story of how the wilds has formed the new Lena and the now chapter is telling the story how she is falling in love for the second time.

I will not share any spoiler here, but can I just say how much I love:
- The new and improved Lena
- The wild
- THE NEW LOVE INTEREST
- The action
- The intensity
- Everything!!!

I really can not wait for Requiem (Delirium #3) next year!!! It will be the final book of Delirium Trilogy. One for sure that will happen in the 3rd book is LOVE TRIANGLE!!! I still can not believe the ending of Pandemonium. It just literally took my breath away......

I totally recommend this book to any YA-dystopian fans out there. Delirium is a very interesting book and Pandemonium is just simply beyond interesting (and also beyond my expectation)! Go and read it! it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment