Sunday, September 30, 2012

Taste by Kate Evangelista

Year Published : 2012
Pages : 259
ARR/ARC (ebook provided by the author, Thanks Kate!)
Rating : didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

At Barinkoff Academy, there's only one rule: no students on campus after curfew. Phoenix McKay soon finds out why when she is left behind at sunset. A group calling themselves night students threaten to taste her flesh until she is saved by a mysterious, alluring boy. With his pale skin, dark eyes, and mesmerizing voice, Demitri is both irresistible and impenetrable. He warns her to stay away from his dangerous world of flesh eaters. Unfortunately, the gorgeous and playful Luka has other plans. When Phoenix is caught between her physical and her emotional attraction, she becomes the keeper of a deadly secret that will rock the foundations of an ancient civilization living beneath Barinkoff Academy. Phoenix doesn't realize until it is too late that the closer she gets to both Demitri and Luka the more she is plunging them all into a centuries old feud.

Wow, I enjoyed reading this a lot! (Thanks Kate for the opportunity to review this book :D )

It was interesting and always proved my guesses wrong..

When I read YA romance paranormal/supernatural story, I am often able to guess or predict some events in the story, but this one might have fooled me a bit.. hehe.. in a good way..

It's a quick reading, I just sat this sunday morning with my IPad and started reading this book.. and suddenly I found myself at noon and already finished reading this book, I wonder why I didn't start reading this sooner (I am so sorry Kate..).. It has engaging writing that lulled me to read all of it till the end..

As for the story-plot, it has its uniqueness, it's still a YA typical romance story, but the story twist in the book is really exciting and different.. who would have thought about this particular supernatural race in the world of supernatural creatures. ;)

and as for characters, the heroine is really super-stubborn person ever! There is also a love-triangle story happening, the two guys-involved are interesting characters (and I like certain prince with black-blue hair), and I also like other characters in the story thou for me, I felt that there is not so many details to know more about them, but the writer has written those characters just with perfect-information needed for the story. oh and one more thing about the heroine, this girl is so stone-headed person, I felt like I wanted to smack her on the head.. hehe.. kidding.. But I feel the need to state this on my review.. xp

I also enjoy the way the writer bring the reader to keep wandering on the early chapters. The book doesn't reveal the real mystery or at least give the hint of what the heck is happening sooner, so it really teased me a lot.. And at some parts of the story I did not expect some things would go that way, it surprised me.. and oh how I love surprises <3

Well, I think this book is really enjoyable and fun to read.. It also brings a lot of fangirling-feels.. and a couple of serious-mild-heated-make-out-sessions.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment